Filipino Overseas Foreign Workers
In 2010, there are a total of 1.47 million Filipino Overseas Foreign Workers.
To check if the Recruitment Agency or the Recruiter is Valid or Not, click here
Just because the name is on the list, it doesn’t mean they are valid. Don’t accept a reason that their license is still being processed. They have to be fully licensed. Remember, it is your money they are taking. Don’t make it “T.Y.” money. If the deal sounds too good, don’t sign up. Find out from POEA if the deal they are offering is true. You make a call to POEA. Yes, it costs money but how much is the money you lost in calling POEA compared to the money you will pay to the illegal recruiter? So protect yourself and be informed.
You have to look closer at the status. The status should say Valid License and has a Validity Date.
Here’s an example of the information:
Company Tel No/s
Company Email Address :
Company Website :
Company Official Representative
License Status : Valid License (OK)
License Validity : 7/20/2011 to 7/19/2015
If you see the Recruiter or Recruitment Agency status says: Cancelled, Delisted, Denied Renewal, Expired, Forever Banned, Inactive, and Suspended, then stay away from these companies. Do not give them any money.
Tips given by POEA on How to Avoid Illegal Recruiters
1. Do not apply at recruitment agencies not licensed by POEA.
2. Do not deal with licensed agencies without job orders.
3. Do not deal with any person who is not an authorized representative of a licensed agency.
4. Do not transact business outside the registered address of the agency. If recruitment is conducted in the province, check if the agency has a provincial recruitment authority.
5. Do not pay more than the allowed placement fee. It should be equivalent to one month salary, exclusive of documentation and processing costs.
6. Do not pay any placement fee unless you have a valid employment contract and an official receipt.
7. Do not be enticed by ads or brochures requiring you to reply to a Post Office (P.O.) Box, and to enclose payment for processing of papers.
8. Do not deal with training centers and travel agencies, which promise overseas employment.
9. Do not accept a tourist visa.
10. Do not deal with fixers.
How Illegal Recruiters Work
Ang illegal recruiter ay:
Report the agency, person or recruiter to POEA if you see or experience any of the above before you get victimized.
Why play victim? Find out for yourself before you lose all the money you will pay.
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
632 722 1144 – 632 722 1155
POEA Regional Offices
POEA Regional Center for Luzon
2nd Flr. LZK-Zambrano Bldg., Quezon Ave.
City of San Fernando, La Union
(072) 242-5608 (telefax)
POEA Satellite Office. Region II
2nd Floor. Syncanco Building
Bonifacio St., Tuguegarao City
(078) 844-3076 (telefax)
POEA Regional Ext. Unit-CAR
Benitez Court Compound
Magsaysay Avenue, Baguio City
(074) 445-4209 (telefax)
POEA Satellite Office – Region III
One Stop Clark Processing for OFW
Claro M. Recto, Clark
Angeles City, Pampanga
(045) 893 4152
POEA Satellite Office – Region IV
No. 4 Penthouse, Hectan Commercial Center
Chipeco Avenue, Brgy. Halang Calamba City
(049) 834-7974 (telefax)
POEA Regional Center for Visayas
Ground Flr. DOLE-RO7 Building
General Maxilom Avenue Corner Gorordo Avenue
(032) 412-2939/ 2949
(032) 256-0334 (fax)
POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region VI
2nd Floor, S. C. Divinagracia Bldg.
Quezon St., Iloilo City
(033) 335-1058 (telefax)
POEA Satellite Office
2nd Floor, UTC Building
Araneta-Alunan St., Singcang
(034) 434-7391 (telefax)
POEA Satellite Office
DOLE Compound, Trece Martirez
(053) 321-7134 (telefax)
POEA Regional Center for Mindanao
2nd Flr., AMYA II Bldg.
Quimpo Blvd. cor. Tulip Drive
Ecoland, Davao City
(082) 297-7429 (telefax)
POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region IX
Rm. 201 & 202 Fermin Bldg.
Veterans Ave. Zamboanga City
POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region X
Ground Floor Trinidad Bldg.
Corrales Ave., Cagayan de Oro City
(08822) 724-824 (telefax)
Satellite OfficeDoor 2, Nimfa Tiu Bldg IIJP Rosales Avenue
One Stop Processing Center
Initiative for Tawi Tawi Area
Devt. Foundation Bldg.
Old Housing Proj., Tubig Boh
Bongao, Tawi Tawi
(068) 2681 309
Copyright © 2020 | Theme by MH Themes